Monday 14 February 2011

Project 8

 He isn't that human.The design flaws are all absent, it's unnerving but pretty hot. Like, fucking with something designed to your precise specifications; some kind of high spec Love Doll, the kind that got animated by a very bored and evil god.

I'm trying to impress this maverick film-maker by grinding some telegraph wire. It's really high up, thirty feet or so. I fall off a lot and splutter a mess of bright blood, an arc across the concrete. It leaves me pristine and unmarked, every time. Pretty soon the school-yard looks like the floor of an abattoir, but I've got nothing to show for it.

He is naked on his hands and knees on some kind of occasional table. He's trying to look at the screen through his legs. The table protests, like it would prefer to hold an inkstand or a small bowl of cherries.

"You're so shit at this" He lifts his head and smiles, like my lack of skill is very pleasing.

My refusal to sustain visible injury is becoming annoying, plus the smoking with no hands is making my eyes water. I shrug, like my lack of skill is only in his mind and I'm playing like this intentionally. He buys it, kind of. Looks through his legs again then grimaces at me.

"Oh man - you're fucking yourself up on purpose"

I should have some kind of graze, at least. A bandage? I spit out the cigarette and tell him this. On the screen, I look pretty much like him.

6 comments:

  1. Wow, is that photo you? I love it, it's so mysterious. and suggestive. A brilliant piece but as most times i don't really understand what it's talking about. Part of the beauty i guess. I can so not construct or put the pieces of the puzzle/hints together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's something we spoke about - and you know that can't be me - right? mx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shit man!It's Lou. My blog and e-mail account is fucking disabled. What am i gonna do? I've lost everything!Fuuuuuuck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can you re-activate them by submitting a phone number? This is the only suggestion I've been given. Set up a new account in the meantime & don't panic x

    ReplyDelete
  5. no, they didn't say anything like this. I read google had some kind of bug in their system that affected only 40.000 of their accounts. I sent an e-mail, no reply, i'm setting up a new acount now and posting you the address here. but my blog is goooone!

    Lou

    ReplyDelete
  6. we can probably reclaim yr blog stuff through google reader, if they don't restore yr account. let me know how i can contact you. soon

    ReplyDelete